Philosophy's Grace Line
I've always loved Philosophy's Amazing Grace scent and the Pure Grace shower gel is one of my all-time favs. Both Baby Grace and Inner Grace are nice, as well. But after using Lush products for more than a year, I'd forgotten how much I'd truly missed my Graces! This year, I re-discovered them (don't get Pure Grace as a perfume, however, it smells ICKY), and found that the new Eternal Grace is close to Amazing Grace for me, a new favorite. The perfume doesn't last that long, but the shower gel is just lovely. Highly recommend!
As I have gotten older, I've found my eyelashes to be fading a bit close to my eyelids. I learned how to use the technique of tightlining to make my lashes darker at the base and this is the best product I've found that wears really well. I combine it with Make Up For Ever's Eye Seal and it is awesome. A bit spendy, but very worth the price and it lasts a long time. I bought mine about eight months ago and have yet to put a sizeable dent in it. Using a small, compact brush like this one from Sonia Kashuk does the trick.
Body Shop Shea Butter Body Butter
I never used the Body Shop's body products until this year and decided to give them a try. I love the shea butter and olive soaps, but I really have found the shea body butter to be quite moisturizing without being overly greasy. I use it during the week when I exfoliate...about every other day. It smells nice and doesn't have a lingering scent that overpowers my perfume of the day.
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Shadow Pencils
Another makeup technique I learned this year was a smoky eye for daytime. I use these on my lids, close to the lashline and in the outer corner of the bottom of my eyes. I smudge it like crazy to blend out the harsh lines and then lightly use a pencil eyeliner to go back along the lashline again and top it with a gel eyeliner to seal it all in. It's easy and I love the way it draws the focus to my eyes (which I've always thought were my best feature.) My favorite color is Wasteland....a dark taupey brown color. These wear beautifully!
beautyblender Sponges
For years, I've used Bare Minerals foundation. But for some reason, this year, my skin decided that this wasn't the foundation for me anymore. It didn't wear well, despite my using primer, and so I've been on the hunt for that Perfect Foundation. I don't think I've found it, but I have found the perfect sponge to apply foundation. When using this sponge, you get it completely wet, then squeeze all the water out and then use a stippling motion to apply the foundation (I smear a small amount of foundation on my cheeks close to my nose, my chin and my forehead). Just bounce, bounce, bounce and it evens out the foundation and makes it look so natural. These aren't cheap, but they do last and you can wash and reuse them over and over. I've had two for about eight months and they are still going strong.





No comments:
Post a Comment