Tuesday, September 21, 2010

If you could see what I see....

I had a wonderful, tender moment with my oldest son, Mundo, the other night.  It had been a very long Sabbath day of church meetings and responsibilities for me.  As I got home from everything that night, my husband informed me that Mundo had decided to not try out for the trumpet section leader position in his middle school band.  Sweetie told me that he had a very stern talk with our son and that he was very disappointed in his decision.  I wearily trudged up the stairs, and firmly called to Mundo to get out of bed and meet me in my room.  As he came in, words came into my mouth that were not there 90 seconds earlier.  I told him that he is my son, and he is very capable of being section leader.  Mundo began to cry, and with tears in my own eyes, I shared with him a part of his baby blessing.  In that blessing, Sweetie blessed him to be a leader in his community.  I told him that NOW is the time for him to step up and be a leader.  He needs to do this now, and not to quit.  Mundo continued to cry and gave me a hug.  He said, "Thanks for believing in me."
Mundo - Fall 2009
Sometimes, our children just can't see who they really are.  It's up to us as parents to help them see what we see in them, and more importantly, what Heavenly Father sees in them.  He can see even more than we can.  It's also nice sometimes to just hear that your mom thinks that you're good enough.
 And I know that he is.

4 comments:

  1. My goodness, what a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. If only they could see what we see. They are amazing. You are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vemessa Lou! Hello to your cute ol self! I did not know you have a blog! Glad to know it! I'll be peeking in on you and your when I can---which makes me happy! I LOVE Golden Spoon too and I adore your family! Hope your day is happy! I'm proud of you for getting your heinie back in school---way to go Idaho! What an adventure that makes your life. Way to be a terrific parent---I would expect no less from you! Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete