2010 was a year of struggle for our family. Financially, it could have been disastrous. I'm firmly convinced that our dedication to our callings, each other, and the Lord, as well as paying our tithing saved us. We also struggled as I continued my education. The balance between family and school is a fine one for all of us but we stayed committed to each other. Needless to say, I'm glad to see the year go and look forward to more good to come in 2011. But I'll give 2010 props. There's plenty to look back on and smile at. So, without further ado, here are my top five Peterson Family Moments of 2010.
5. Watching Noodle continue to bloom, grow and develop.
He amazes me. His personality emerges more with each passing year and to see where he is now as opposed to where he was a year ago, brings me such joy.
4. Our family vacation this summer.
We kept it simple, just a five day trip to Utah/Idaho where we saw family and friends. As much as I hate driving in the car, I love being with my husband and kids. We went to Lagoon and Hogle Zoo. Simple simple things can bring such great memories and joy.
3. Mundo turning 12 and receiving the priesthood on his birthday.
I don't know how much more proud I could have been of my oldest son on that day. Turning 12 is such a huge milestone and he is turning into a terrific young man (my parenting skills notwithstanding). In the seven months since then, he has truly started to become a young adult and I figure that by the time he's 13.....he'll be taller than me. *sigh*
2. Anner making it into the All-District Middle School Wind Ensemble.
This was something that definitely challenged her, from the audition to the performance. I was so proud to see her finally not back down from something that was hard. She is such a bright girl and many things come easy to her and if it's not, she just walks away from it. But I told her that she would have a lot of fun doing this and she'd look back and be proud of her accomplishment. So she rose to the challenge, and did it. Definitely a Proud Momma Moment for me.
1. Scott's 40th birthday gift reaction.
I saved and saved and plotted and planned for a year to pull this one off. You only turn 40 once, right? So his gift was one that our whole family has loved and enjoyed (although he's LOVING watching sports on this): a 46" high definition flat screen television. But his reaction was classic and one that is the highlight of my year. The one thing I didn't catch on video was his questioning how much we owed on it and when I told him it was paid for, free and clear.....he was equally as shocked. Yes, I CAN save money when I want to.

What a great idea for a post! Hogle zoo is one of our family favorites, so impressed with your kids, and loved Scott's reaction to the present. Yeay for 2010!
ReplyDelete