Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Top Five Favorite Girly Items of 2010

I freely admit that I'm a girly girl.  I love makeup, hair products, and bath and body stuff.  There are a few products that I discovered this past year that I just love.  Some are splurges and some are drugstore items.  But all of these won my heart this past year.

5.  LUSH Porridge Soap
This soap smells like oatmeal on a fall morning and it's all I can do not to eat it.  I love how it lathers, how it's scrubby (beware the seeds at the bottom of the shower...they get everywhere!), and how it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry.  Divine stuff!



4.  Bare Escentuals RareMinerals Facial Moisturizer
I have finally come across a moisturizer that does what it should without breaking my skin out.  I'm in my 30s for crying out loud....zits are for my teenagers, not me!  This stuff is natural and wonderful.  It can be a little heavy for daytime use, so I use it at night only.



3.  MAC eyeshadow in Grain
Rarely do I use the same eyeshadow two days in a row, but this is the perfect nude shade that I can use as a base or on it's own in a neutral look.  It has a slight sheen to it and I use this daily.  This is one that I've repurchased...which means it's a definite keeper!



2.  Bliss Body Butter in Blood Orange + White Pepper
This is a definite splurge, but it smells sooooooo good and is a great all over moisturizer.  Don't let the White Pepper part fool you, it smells like oranges and is heavenly!  Since it is a splurge, I use it once a week after I've used a sugar scrub (I make my own!) in the shower.  My skin is so soft and smooth....lovely!



1.  John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Illuminating Shine Shampoo and Conditioner
I've finally found a shampoo and conditioner that thoroughly cleans and conditions my hair without weighing it down.  Whenever I use this, I almost always have a good hair day, AND it's not too pricey! I do color my hair (those grays are NOT welcome on my head), and it does not strip away the color.  My hair feels absolutely silky with this stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! It's so nice to have insider's info. on all the good stuff out there. Thanks for sharing - looking forward to your 2011 list next year! =)

    ReplyDelete