1. Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
Because I work 12-hour night shifts, there are days where I have my makeup on for close to 24 hours. This foundation freakin' goes the distance and stands up from beginning of shift to end of shift. It doesn't dry out my skin and keeps oil at bay. Win-win-win.
2. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner
I have started to play with the whole 'cat-eye' look and while I'm not quite pulling it off yet, this liquid eyeliner is fairly user-friendly. It has a very fine tip for thin lines, but you can drag it on it's side for a more bold look. This eyeliner also will last for an entire shift. The only downside is that the finish is shiny, so I tend to go over the line with my gel liner to give a more matte finish.
3. Bobbi Brown Brightening Finishing Powder
My skin is losing some of it's youthful glow and this powder is great at brightening without an overpowering shimmer. I use a big kabuki brush to sweep it down the center of my nose and chin, and then around my upper cheek bones and over my eyebrows. A little goes a long way and I expect to have this compact for quite some time before needing to repurchase.
4. Benefit Hoola bronzer
This is one product I strayed away from, figuring a free bronzer from Smashbox would do just fine. Wrong-o! I use bronzer more as a contour, going just under my cheekbones, up into my hairline above my temples and then slightly under my jaw (think a 'B' shape). Smashbox is just too orange. Hoola is a more natural shade and I will never use another bronzer again. I swear!
5. Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
I have had the Naked 2 palette in the past, and was not overly impressed with it. It was too big to fit into my makeup drawer, and some of the shades were too sparkly. Other shades just didn't work on me. I picked this up at Sephora a couple of months ago and LOVE that they are matte shadows (with the exception with the shade on the far left...but that's a great highlighter) and they are a fabulous everyday palette. The size of the palette is perfect and I'm seriously considering buying the Naked Basics 2 palette. They have shimmer shadows, but combining them with this palette might make for a big WIN.





No comments:
Post a Comment