This past spring, Brianna and I were in Utah for our final Girls Weekend before she graduated from high school and headed to college. Scott was charged with getting he and the boys over to Great Clips to get their hair cut. Scott forgot to ask the stylist to trim his eyebrows, so he decided to get out our hair clipper at home and do the job himself. This is the result, eyebrow nearly gone. He has since resolved to either let me trim his brows or let the hair stylist do it.
2. First day to last day of school.
This is Brianna on her very last day of high school, holding a picture of her cute little self on her first day of kindergarten. I got this idea from Pinterest a couple of years ago and held onto it for this purpose. I'm so glad that I took her picture 13 years ago and was able to use it for this shot. You can bet I'll be doing this again in 2016 and 2019 when Zacharry and Noodle graduate from high school.
Zacharry turned 16 in the spring and finally went on his first date late in the summer. We don't let our kiddos single date until they leave home, but since Brianna is 18, it was convenient for Zac to go on a date and double with his sister. A built-in chaperone! It was also shortly before Brianna left for college, so it was a good opportunity for them to bond one last time.
4. Milo
I've had a lukewarm relationship with this cat nearly from the day we got him as a kitten. He seemed to barely tolerate us humans. He shed on anything he sat on, he puked in the worst places that I would inevitably step in in the wee hours of the morning as I would get ready to go out for my morning run, and he was very particular in how he wanted to be petted. I snapped this picture in early September, not realizing that a month later, he would pass away from a kidney infection. This picture is perfectly him....sitting in the window, looking at the camera with a "What's it to ya?!?" look on his face. I would be lying if I said I missed him, but after being a cat owner for 12 years, it is strange to not have a cat under foot anymore.
5. Graduation photo bomb
I was trying to snag a quick selfie after I had walked across the stage at my commencement ceremony a few weeks ago. I did it so quickly that I didn't see the lovely lady behind me grinning from ear to ear, sharing my moment of glory. So here's to you, young grad.....may your future be bright and prosperous, and may you not show up in any more of my selfies.


No comments:
Post a Comment