With our belt-tightening this year, I found that spending smart became more important than ever. Products must be worth the price I pay....squandering money is foolish! So here are my top five beauty products of 2012, and they are worth every penny!
1. Bobbi Brown Foundation
As my skin is changing from young to old(ish), my much-loved BareMinerals foundation doesn't work as well as it once did. I will still use it (I pair it with Dr. Jart's Water Fuse Beauty Balm, but it leaves me shiny after a few hours), but it doesn't last or hold up like this foundation does. I prime with Kat Von D's Rehab Priming Elixir, and I'm good to go all day long....which is usually from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.! It's a light-to-medium coverage foundation and feels so good on my skin, like there's nothing there! Highly recommend.
2. bareMinerals bareVitamins Skin Rev-er Upper
I have used this for many years as a basic moisturizer in the morning. It's a little too light for me to use alone (I usually follow it with Sephora's Flawless Moisturizing lotion). Earlier this year, I ran out and thought I didn't need it anymore....my skin would be fine without it. However, after a few months (and a lot of personal turbulence and stress), my face was breaking out like I was 14 and I looked terrible. I re-purchased this and my skin cleared up fairly quickly and it is back to normal (for me) again. What makes it so magic? It has not only vitamins, but glycolic and salicylic acids, which help keep breakouts at bay. I'll never be without it again.
3. Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Roller
No matter how hard I try, I average about 5-6 hours of sleep a night. Not nearly enough. As a result, I have dark circles under my eyes. Finding a good concealer that will de-puff my eyes is hard. My eyes aren't too puffy, but those dark circles can be tough to cover! This roller is great and a little goes a long way! Just roll one direction, then the other....tap to smooth out the coverage and I'm done. This is an awesome drugstore find.
4. Sephora Supreme Cleansing Oil
Sounds counterproductive, right? Cleansing OIL? This stuff works great at removing all my makeup, and I use lots of waterproof, long-wearing cosmetics! Warning, though....you WILL look like a zombie as you use it. After you rub it all over your face and loosened up everything you applied, take a splash of water and it turns white to clean your face. I do follow up with my favorite cleanser, and when I'm done, my skin feels so clean and soft! But it's not dried out, which can happen often after washing. Great stuff!
5. Sephora Tinted Self-Tanning Body Mist
I'm not a sun worshipper. After burning my way through summers as a teenager, I know that I've damaged my skin. (I even had a really awful blister burn when I was 14...it took almost the whole summer to heal from it.) While I don't tan, I don't much care for the pasty-white-frosting-like look on my poor legs either. There are a ton of self-tanners on the market, but I found this one a year and a half ago and am completely in love with it. No funny smell here! It's easy to use and gives me a touch of color that looks natural and not orange. Price-wise, it's close to what you'd pay in a drugstore....but the quality is much better.
There you are....give these a shot...you might love these as much as I do!





No comments:
Post a Comment